A quick pork chop recipe for a chilly Friday
Well, as the weather has swept through Texas today was quite a chilly one. I was craving something warm and filling and quick, so I decided to throw together some fried pork chops!
- Pork chops! I like a little thinner for this recipe- 1/2" to 1" thick
- A couple eggs, beaten, for breading
- 1 c. flour (or try some pork panko- basically ground up pork rinds!)
- Pork Ferocity (~2 Tbsp, divided)
- Salt (to taste)
- Olive oil or a neutral oil (about 1/2 c. for pan frying)
- Optional garnish: lemon wedge, white onion
This recipe was a simple one, and even with filming the whole thing for tiktok, it took maybe 20 minutes all told.
First- get things set up. Set out your pork chops, and then your breading station. I use two shallow dishes- one filled with 2 beaten eggs, and one filled with your breading (flour, panko, or in my case, pork panko) with about a tbsp of Pork Ferocity and a pinch of salt.
Second, season your pork chops with salt and Pork Ferocity, then dip into egg mixture, then your breading. I keep them on some parchment paper as I heat up a cast iron pan with the olive oil. Medium heat should be fine, give it at least 3-4 minutes to come to temp.
Third, fry for 3-4 minutes per side in the oil. Remove and let drain- I like lining a baking sheet with paper towels and a wire rack- flipped upside down- to let them drain.
Squeeze a lemon over them and try it with a bite of onion! Happy Friday, hope you're keeping warm!